ads

Thursday, July 13, 2006

paper 2

ahemmm well today was my second honours paper , well there was some tension building around this one ... i was not able to concentrate for the whole day till 2 in the afternoon on the day before the exam and we got just a days break , so i was preety depressed coz this was a subject on which i had even studied out of the course becoz of the intrest i had in it... wel i had my lunch yesterday and though that ok i must give myself a chance to score well in this exam , no matter if i am not able to concentrate , i must give myself a chance tommrow to write the answers .... so with that in mind i sat wid de book and just started reading , whenever i felt distracted i started reading loudy . so i started at say 3 pm and the session stretched till the whole syllabus was finished ... it was about 1 am in the night when i finally closed my book . what kept on driving me was that i wanted to give myself a chance to write .... even when i woke up in the morning at 5:30 i was not feeling sleepy coz all that was going through my mind was all that i had been studying , it was as if i had completed my syllabus in my dreams .... well i just wanted to be sure that i had completed it all in reality so i started all over again even though i had to be out of my house by 10 . so i started reading and by the time it was 9 i found that i was again through with the whole thing . so i was preety confident as i went to the examination centre and thankfully i didnt have all the trouble i had to face last day... well i sat to give the exams with much anxiety ... the paper was handed over , hmmm seems preety simple except for may be a bit tricky ones there , well the first problem was worth 15 marks and i started writting it but i got totally confused and b4 i knew it was already half an hour gone , then there were another 3 15 markers i had to write , so i proceded with them with that first question still at the back of my mind .. this lead to me taking more time to write those answers and i dont think i wrote them as it would have pleased me... and by the time i finished them it was already more than 2 hours that i had spent in the examination hall , and i still had to finish all the remaining questions and the first question . there were a couple of other questions in the paper as an option for the 15 markers , but decided that the problem i had zeroed into had challenged my intellect and i must solve it ... before i call quits i must try ..... so now with this new zeal i proceeded to see write the answer and the only thing thta was on my mind was that i must give my self enough time to ponder over the question i unsuccessfully attempted and i quicklyt finished the remaining questions and then when i glanced my watch i couldnt belive what i saw ... i had completed it all in less than a hour and was now left with just about an hour for that first question ... i returned to the page where the first attempt was made .... again got confused .... so i cancelled what i had wrotten or written and started afresh ...... cleared my mind of everything and took a systematic approach and got the technical flaw i had made and then i just had to give a finishing touch , then looking around i just found that i was actually the first one to finish the paper and then i revised the whole thing and submitted it and my heart just grew into pride to hear that no one in that class had the confidence to try and solve the question and that made my achievement even greater . i always knew they were muggers who mugged up all those things that their tutor had taught them and now i had proved the point ...
but now when i look back what was really worth being proud of was that i followed my inner voice and had confidence in myself to get out of situation when i though like i was doomed ....
well now 3 days of gap before the next exams so i hope will prepare well for that one...
chao...

No comments:

Post a Comment