ads

Sunday, February 27, 2005

why?

I've often thought that some day I
Would meet my Lord, and ask him, Why?

Why take the dearest one I've known,
And leave me here to grieve alone?

Help me to understand just why
A child in tender youth should die

Before he's had a chance to live,
With so much talent yet to give?

And why do evil men succeed
By trampling others in their greed,

While plans of good men often fail,
With crushing grief and sore travail?

Why must God's saints endure such pain?
How can it bring eternal gain?

I searched God's Word -- then wondered why
Christ died for sinners such as I?

Why did He choose to leave His throne,
And with His blood my sins atone?

Oh God, though I don't understand
The reason for the things You've planned,

I want to trust that You know best,
And in Your arms You'll give me rest,

Until I reach my home on high,
Where You'll reveal the reason why.

Written By: Betty Jo Mings

i wanna ask just why

No comments:

Post a Comment