ads

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

The new year rings in...

I was mightyly surprised when I came to know that I had an holiday on 1st Jan. I wasn't really planning for a new years party, but when my company too thinks that I should be having fun on new years eve, then who am I to object. I have always spent the new years at home, as I didnt quite like the idea of spending it somewhere outside amongst strangers. I planned to stay indoors this time around as well but then a friend of mine called up and asked if I had any plans else we could hang out today. Anyways, in a spur of a moment I decided to go out. So I rushed out of office and came back to room, to change and hurry out. We went to Big nasty in Bandra, but were refused stag entry. Well we were four guys, with one of them tagging along a his g/f. (whatever happened to those golden ol' days when boys used to have fun). Anyways we headed to elbo room then. one of the guys was a regular there, so no problem there. Thankfully we were early there and thus got ourselves a seat. The drinks started pouring in, though in limits as we were a bit conscious about starting the new year by still having some money in our wallets :P
Anyways, it was a pretty dark room and too congested a place to dance, but then who can stop those who can't stop themselves at the DJ's call. (Though I must say that the DJ was not all that great). Anyways, we rang into the new year unnoticed. No countdowns, no screams etc. Just some song playing out loud on the DJ's console. A few dance floor swoopers, few gals who were down on drinks and a few guys who were happy with that. Anyways, we decided to move out by 1.30 and move towards carter road. thankfully we did that, had shwarmas at Carter's blue and then had gelatos. kinda weird combination (Dont try it). There after my friends made a move and I stayed back, I dont know why. Maybe just wanted to absorb the magic of the night for some more time. Maybe, just feel the tinge of cold in the air of Mumbai, or maybe just sit all by myself for sometime near the sea shore and wish myself a happy new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment