ads

Sunday, June 05, 2011

I will survive

So its finally one year since I have came to this city of dreams, with no dreams whatsoever to be honest. After a rollercoaster of a ride when i look back now, the one song that rings in my head right now is "I will survive". From what I have observed at various points in time, the one word that describes this city is survival. Be it the games played in huge corporate offices or the daily hustle bustle on the streets, everyone ultimately has just one thing on their mind, and that is to survive. But what gives strength to this city's spirit is the realization that to survive on has to live, no one can just exist. Existence has no meaning until you are actually living your life. And I think that is what gives me the courage to stand up today and tell this city that I will survive. there have been many instances in the past few months when I felt that I can't take it anymore and would quit this life and move out of this city. But then here I am, struggling but keeping up with the pace and ready to face another day with another new challenge just around the corner. I always used to think that life at 24 is the most amazing. You have the best of everything at this time of life and I must say that I believe that I have the best of my life experience at this age. Transition from academic institutions to work life is amazingly difficult to adjust to. Last year, I had the confidence of taking on anyone in the world and suddenly I am surrounded with people with many faces and who have made a living out of traits that I would not associate with a day's work.
Some say I was acting stubborn and was not going with the flow but I must say that it showed me where I was weak and what it means to act smart and stand on your own. I have not completely withered the storm as yet and there is lot to be done in the days to come but I am ready to take on what is to come. The words and phrases that I used to hear people say when giving guidance speeches have a completely different meaning to them today. And thus I mean a lot today when I say "I WILL SURVIVE"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment